A Spooky Sequel

Hocus Pocus 2 will premiere this fall

A Spooky Sequel

Ella Olson, Junior Writer

From Black Cats to Pointy Hats the upcoming release of “Hocus Pocus 2” is causing quite a fright.

It had been announced that the upcoming release of “Hocus Pocus 2”, would premiere on Disney+ on September 30. As the original “Hocus Pocus” wasn’t a blockbuster hit right away, many were worried that “Hocus Pocus 2”, would fail to bring in significant revenue.

“I think it is very cool how they are finally making a sequel,” sophomore Violet Anderegg said.  “I’m sure there has been much anticipation for this movie.”

Scary Movies are some of the most adrenaline rushing cinematic pictures anticipated around Halloween. According to Google “Hocus Pocus” made an estimated amount of 45.4 million USD. It is now considered one of Halloween’s most watched movies.

“I love Hocus Pocus, it is definitely a Halloween classic,” sophomore Addison Sowers said. “I am a bit nervous for the sequel because it might not be as good”, “but I am excited to see it.”

It has been 27 years since the original “Hocus Pocus” was put on the big screen. The main question is, will it draw back its original viewers.

“I think Halloween is one of my favorite holidays,” sophomore Madison Wiegand said. “You get to watch scary movies and the fall vibe is really cool.”

The anticipation for “Hocus Pocus 2 is in the back of minds for lovers of the original film. Will it satisfy the wants of a sequel regarding this classic movie? Grab some candy and a broomstick and fly on over to the Disney+ to find out!