PAC Vandalized

Theresa De Benedetti, Senior Writer

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.


Email This Story






On Monday May 6, the Ford custodians came across a disturbing sight upon entering the performing arts center. The entire stage and surrounding area was trashed and covered in what appeared to be an inch of snow. Upon further investigation, it was discovered the damage was the result of a few defiant students with a fire extinguisher.

It was determined that the substance was sprayed from the grid–the metal platform above the auditorium–and onto the stage, seats and orchestra pit below. The students responsible for the mess were not permitted to be in the performing arts center and snuck into the theatre after school. Not only are the chemicals in a fire extinguisher toxic, but they damaged an estimated $10,000 worth of lights, band equipment, curtains and seats according to theatre director Kirsten Carolin.

While professionals work to clean up the colossal mess, students are NOT permitted in the auditorium as it is a safety hazard. Ford staff estimated cleanup will take no more than a couple weeks, just in time for Theatre Arts I & II’s class show “The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon.” Unfortunately, the band and choir department isn’t so lucky: the students have two big concerts coming up this week.

Although the identities of the students have not been released, it is rumored to be 4 freshman boys. As of Tuesday, there is no new information on how the PAC vandals will be reprimanded, but school officials assure the students will be receiving a fitting punishment.