Beautification Day

Beautification+Day

Theresa De Benedetti, Editor

In honor of Earth Day on April 22, Interact Club hosted the 5th Annual Ford Beautification Day. Every year, the students of the Interact Club, under the direction of Mrs. Walker and Mrs. Wilt, head outside of the classroom for the day and take on the task of cleaning up the exterior of the school.

“Members of Interact were big participants of the event, as well as other teachers bringing their kids outside to help with the cleanup,” said Mrs. Wilt. In all, she added that there were over 50 students there to help.

Students picked up trash, pulled weeds, layed down mulch and brought a much-needed breath of fresh air to the campus. Including the catwalk, sports fields and tennis courts, there were over 60 acres to be beautified.

“I think it’s important that kids give back to the school. Becoming involved in taking care of the school will increase school pride and teach students about taking responsibility for their surroundings,” said Mrs. Walker.

When the weather gets a little warmer, the Interact Club is also going to be planting flowers in the dirt patches and pots around the school. But the effort to make Ford a cleaner, happier environment for all students doesn’t stop there.

“Continue to treat the school with respect and pay it forward,” said Mrs. Walker.