Head Coach Matt Joseph is Inducted Into MHSAA Coaches Hall of Fame

Back to Article
Back to Article

Head Varsity Girls Basketball coach Matt Joseph critiques his team's gameplay during a timeout during the 2017-2018 season.

Prestige

Prestige

Prestige

Griffin Nicholas, Senior Writer

Matt Joseph has officially joined the elites. Henry Ford II’s Varsity Softball, and girls basketball coach has been inducted into the MHSAA Coaches Hall of Fame.

Joseph has over 30 years of coaching experience. In girls basketball he’s been the head coach of nine district titles and one regional final. In varsity softball Joseph owns one league championship, two district titles, two regional championships, two “elite 8” appearances and one final four appearance. In addition to all this success in girls sports, he coached varsity baseball teams for a short stint and recorded one league championship and one district title. Over his coaching career he’s tallied over 600 wins.

“Looking back this never could of happened without great players and great relationships with the players,” coach Joseph said. Coach Joseph seemed thrilled with the honor when asked, what his most memorable coaching moments and games were from the past 30 years.

He pointed out two games from the 2014 varsity softball season. It started when the girls showed Joseph they would refuse to give in when playing Lakeshore. They were down 6 runs going into the bottom half of the final inning. And the girls scratched and clawed their way back into the game and put themselves in position where they eventually won on a walk off.

“The girls just wouldn’t accept losing,” as a coach nothing is more exciting than seeing your team give that kind of effort.

The second game Joseph treasures is the final four game in 2014. “There’s nothing better than being a top four team in the state,” Joseph said. “This experience was unforgettable.”

This honor will cement Joseph as an all time great coach here at Henry Ford High School.

Griffin Nicholas, Junior Writer

Griffin Nicholas is an 11th grader who is a Junior writer for “The Generator”. He enjoys writing and playing sports. In his free time he enjoys watching...