Taveon Thompson’s Two Touchdowns Aid in Falcons 24-8 Win

Noah Bieniek, Online Editor

PLAYER OF THE GAME

Junior Taveon Thompson had a night leading the Henry Ford II Falcons to their second win of the season. Thompson racked up 125 all purpose yards while scoring two touchdowns in the Falcons 24-8 win.

PRE GAME

On Friday, September 21st the (1-3) MAC White Falcons took on the (0-4) MAC Blue Fraser Ramblers at Runkel field for Ford’s second home game of the season. The Falcons’ student section, “The Nest,” was decked out in all black as the theme for the night was blackout, in hopes that would be how the Ramblers left the stadium that night, and in exception of the opening drive that’s pretty much how the Ramblers exited.

SCORING PLAYS

0-8; The scoring was opened up on the first drive by Fraser as they marched down the field and scored on a 1 yard rushing touchdown by Nick Benson that was followed by a 2 point conversion for their only points of the game.

7-8; Senior QB Chance Kirkwood connects on a 20 yard touchdown pass to Thompson.

14-8; Kirkwood hooks up with Thompson for their 2nd touchdown of the game on a 4 yard pass.

21-8; 42 yard strip and score by senior defensive end Graham Mason.

24-8; A blocked punt by senior Hunter Osantowske helped set up the final score of the game which was a 37 yard field goal by junior Jeremy Taras.

KEY STATS

DEFENSE

#10 senior Collin Toon led the defense with 5 tackles and also was credited with 4 assists.

#4 senior Hunter Osantowske 3 tackles, and 3 assists.

#51 junior Austin Mayer 1 sack, 3 tackles, and 1 assist

#75 senior Luke Chapp 3 tackles

#30 senior Alex Wells 3 tackles

#14 junior Taveon Thompson 2 tackles

#55 Brenden Anderson 2 tackles

#2 senior Chance Kirkwood 1 tackle, and 1 assist

#85 senior Graham Mason 1 tackle and fumble recovery

Senior Shayne Cullen, and juniors Jimmy Bareta, Jalen Lowery all recorded 1 tackle as well.

PASSING

#2 senior Chance Kirkwood 6/19, 110 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs

#17 junior Jeremy Taras converted a 4th down completing a pass for 21 yards

RUSHING

#24 senior Frank Stultz led the offense in yards in 11 attempts, putting up 76 yards

#14 junior Taveon Thompson 4 attempts, 48 yards

#30 senior Alex Wells 12 attempts, 14 yards

RECEIVING

#14 junior Taveon Thompson led the offense in reception yards with 5 receptions, 77 yards, and 2 TDs

#1 junior Joey Sorgi III 1 reception, 29 yards

#2 senior Chance Kirkwood 1 reception, 21 yards

WHAT’S NEXT?

The Falcons will flock to Dakota next week on Friday, September 28th, to face the MAC Red (4-1) Cougars for their Homecoming game. Dakota is coming off their first loss of the season (17-24) against in school district rival Chippewa Valley. The Cougars will be hungry and will provide the toughest challenge the Falcons have faced so far this year.